Search This Blog

Friday, March 3, 2017

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-৫

এইচএসসি পরীক্ষার বিশেষ প্রস্তুতি-২৩
ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র
Part-1, ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন, Set-5
প্রিয় শিক্ষার্থী, আজ ইংরেজি ১ম পত্রের Part-1 (নতুন সিলেবাস)-এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন আলোচনা করব। প্রশ্নগুলো তোমরা আগে নিজে চেষ্টা করবে। তারপর উত্তরের সঙ্গে তা মিলিয়ে নেবে।

Set-5
2. Read the passage and complete the table below: 10
I was startled when the bill of fare was brought, for the prices were a great deal higher than I had anticipated. But she reassured me. ‘I never eat anything for luncheon,’ she said. ‘Oh, don’t say that!’ I answered generously. ‘I never eat more than one thing. I think people eat far too much nowadays. A little fish, perhaps. I wonder if they have any salmon.’ Well, it was

early in the year for salmon and it was not on the bill of fare, but I asked the waiter if there was any. Yes, a beautiful salmon had just come in, it was the first they had had. I ordered it for my guest.
The waiter asked her if she would have something while it was being cooked. ‘No,’ she answered, ‘I never eat more than one thing unless you have a little caviare, I never mind caviare.’ My heart sank a little. I knew I could not afford caviare, but I could not very well tell her that. I told the waiter by all means to bring caviare. For myself I chose the cheapest dish on the menu and that was a mutton chop.
‘I think you are unwise to eat meat,’ she said. ‘I don’t know how you can expect to work after eating heavy things chops. I don’t believe in overloading my stomach.’
Then came the question of drink. ‘I never drink anything for luncheon,’ she said. ‘Neither do I,’ I answered promptly. ‘Except white wine,’ she proceeded as though I had not spoken. ‘These French white wines are so light. They’re wonderful for the digestion.’ ‘What would you like?’ I asked, hospitable still, but not exactly emotional.
She gave me a bright and amicable flash of her white teeth. ‘My doctor won’t let me drink anything but champagne.’ I imagine I turned a little pale. I ordered half a bottle. I mentioned casually that my doctor had absolutely forbidden me to drink champagne. ‘What are you going to drink, then?’ ‘Water.’
Who/What Event/Activity Where/Place When/How long
The writer (i) .... at Foyot’s when the bill of fare was brought
(ii) .... never eats more than one thing at lunch
The lady guest thinks people eat far too much (iii) ....
Salmon was not shown (iv) .... Early in the season
(v) .... had come In the restaurant Just then
The lady guest (vi) .... while the salmon being cooked
(vii) .... was the cheapest dish on the menu
The lady guest took champagne (viii) ....
The writer (ix) .... at Foyot’s (x) ....
2. Or. Based on your reading of the passage, make short notes in each of the boxes in the flow-chart showing the names of food and drinks taken by the lady guest and the writer. 10

1. Salmon fish 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
Answer to the ques. no. set-5
2. Ans: (i) was startled (ii) The lady guest (iii) nowadays (iv) on the bill of fare (v) a beautiful salmon (vi) wanted to have caviare (vii) Mutton chop (viii) at Foyot’s (ix) took water (x) at lunch.
2. Or. Ans: (1) Salmon fish (2) caviare (3) mutton chop (4) French white wine (5) champagne (6) water.

সহকারী অধ্যাপক, ঢাকা স্টেট কলেজ, ঢাকা

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-১

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-২

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-৩

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-৪

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-৫

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-৬

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-৭

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-৮

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-৯

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-১০

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-১১

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-১২

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-১৩

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-১৪

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-১৫

এইচএসসি-ইংরেজি ১ম পত্র-পার্ট ০১ এর ২ নম্বর প্রশ্ন-সেট-১৬



No comments:

Post a Comment